Dispatch from 2:45

It occurred to me at exactly 2:30 on the wrong side of the day that the universe is secretly ironic and not terribly subtle about it.

It occurred to me at exactly 2:33 on the same side of the day as the other thing that someone ought to have figured this out by now.

I realized, somewhere in the ballpark of 2:34 that 50% of all quotes are exactly like this one: ironic, and actually uninformative when you think about it. (By "it" I mean the universe).

Slightly after that I realized that baseball metaphors are only outnumbered by metaphors used in and in regards to baseball games, and that neither selection of comparisons falls under the sane jurisdiction. Baseball draws its metaphor from the real world, the real world draws its metaphor from baseball. Unlike several people I know, baseball doesn't have a self-referential bone in its metaphorical body.

While I was writing the above I remembered that is was now 2:39 and would probably look like gibberish after the sun rises. Considering the fact that I just breached two major advisements from The Elements of Style, along with several grammatical conventions I'm reasonably sure my thought process was severely impeded by a lack of sleep and excess of bizarre thoughts.

I'm normally so good at grammering, which is a word according to spellcheck, but not according to the dictionary.

Comments